Have you ever thought of adding audio podcasts to your communications mix? If you’re curious about podcasting, bring your questions to the PIC meeting on Tuesday, September 8 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meeting is at Metro Hall, third floor, 55 John St., Toronto.
Our speaker, Donna Papacosta, will share:
- What a podcast is, and why podcasting is enjoying a resurgence
- How podcasting can become part of your marketing or communications program
- Why good sound separates you from the amateurs
- Why Google hates your podcast, and how to get around this limitation
- A quick podcasting workflow; how to get started
- Plus much more.
During the talk, Donna will share some of the things she has learned and the mistakes she has made as a podcaster. There will also be a draw for a copy of Donna’s new book, The Business of Podcasting, co-authored with Steve Lubetkin. Get a sneak peek at the talk in this podcast.
About our speaker: PIC member Donna Papacosta is principal of Trafalgar Communications. In September 2005 she launched one of the first business podcasts in Canada. Since then, she has produced countless podcast episodes for her own business and for clients, and has taught many people how to use audio, multimedia and social media effectively.
- Networking 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 pm
- Presentation: 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- IABC members: $16 ($18.08 with HST)
- Non-members: $26 ($29.38 with HST)
*Please pay for this event in advance. Sorry, we can’t accept payment at the door. Remember, to keep costs down, we no longer have refreshments at PIC meetings. To give you time for a quick snack before the meeting, registration and informal networking will start at 6:30 p.m. (half an hour later than previously), and the session begins at 7:00 p.m.